After a THOROUGH review of your peer response reports, think critically about where you would like to go from here. Keep in mind your own intentions, peer response, and writing techniques. Come up with a couple specific goals you want to accomplish.
Your goals must:
1) Be specific and narrow, not general.
2) Use classroom terminology.
3) Reasonable to complete.
4) State how you arrived at this goal.
Example:
I plan to utilize more snapshots and thoughtshots in order to create a more round, dynamic character with Roger. Many peers commented on wanting to know more about Roger especially at the climax of my story. I will start there and then explore other parts of the story.
Please post your goals here.
My goal is to make my story a lot longer and get more into detail. Everyone was commenting its not very long and not good detailed, im not even close to being done. i have to work on it at home a lot and get it a lot longer with more detail.
ReplyDeletei want to make an intreresting story that grabs the attention of my readers. that is descriptive but yet, still interesting. i decided this goal because i had been told in peer response that i needed more descriptives. so yes, i will do that, but i still want to make it interesting.
ReplyDeleteMy goal is to start expanding my story into the character's reason for knowing these things. I also want to get more detail about my character. First i need to expand who my character is.
ReplyDeleteI think I might try to shorten my story up a bit... A lot of my comments were about how long my story was. I'm not sure if it was just because they didn't want to read more than they needed to or what. I will add more snapshots of my character to make them more round. I will also keep using descriptive words throughout the ending of my story.
ReplyDeleteI want to add detail to some parts. Quite a few people put that certain parts are detailed good but some need more. I also want to make my story longer because im not quite done with it yet. Also i want my story to be interesting it takes place im a small town in Iowa so that people can connect to it.
ReplyDeletei want to make the best story possible that comes from not only my mind but from the help of peer response. not to long but still has all the suspense of a real novel or story. i want to make a story that makes my reader not want to stop reading. i came to this goal because every writer should want to make the best story possible.
ReplyDelete1.I'm gonna try to find someplace to go with this story now, cuz i dont really know what else to add. I wanna keep writing it but i cant think of anything else.
ReplyDelete2.Possibly add some more details in some places. i come up with new ideas for the characters alot, so i could probably add some things about them too. Somebody said Mr. Freezer didn't have a whole lot of detail, so im gonna try to do that.
I want to add more snapshots and thoughtshots. I think that my story will be told through the thoughts of the characters more than my narration. Many of my peers said they felt the story was very interesting, and I would like to keep the same energy throughout the whole piece to get the reader interested. Through my characters thoughts I'm hoping the reader can get a sense of who the characters are. I want my reader to infer more than relying on me to tell them the attributes and morals of my characters.
ReplyDeletei will plan to finish and make my story more interesting and exciting for my readers. i will get more in debt and explain the thoughts of the the character and the position he is in. i will make the intense parts of my story pop out more make it seem like every thing is in slow motion. i arrived to these goals by reading what other people put for comments
ReplyDeleteI think I really need to work on adding more detail about that dad and where he ended up moving or even what happened to him. It would help me to describe him as a more important character if i add more about him.
ReplyDeleteAnother thing I need to do is add more excitement to my story. I could do that by making the plot a little more exciting having more things taking place. Describing the other characters might help it more exciting as well.
My goals for my story are to create more sense into my story. It seemed a lot of people got confused in some parts. Another goal is to create more snapshots to get a better picture of whats really going on. I think i might also shorten up the first part of my story to actually get to the point. Then from here I will try to reorganize my story.
ReplyDeletemy goal is to do a little better at details and maybe expand more on certain parts. everyone said i was not giving enough details on some stuff. im close to be done i have to do a little work still like spelling and that stuff so im way close to being done.
ReplyDeletemy other goal is to not go off topic so much. some places i went off topic and it made it sounds like a memoir. i need to work on staying on a topic a little longer rather then skipping around cause then it doesn't flow as well as it could. i have a lot to do on that part and if i dont get done at school ill have to work harder at home to get it done in time.
I am going to finish my story. I only have the background done. It sounds like people are interested and I want to make interesting. I am pretty sure i know where to go with it i just need to finish it. I might add a few more details about the characters.
ReplyDeleteMy goals are to finish my story leaving the reader wondering. i need to make it a bit longer also. im not sure how i want to finish the story. and i want to have a little twist in the story. i'll make this goal by doing exactly what i told you i will make a twist and leave the readers wondering. and when i add more to the ending it will make it longer.
ReplyDeleteOne of my goals is to go back through my story and fix all the grammar. I also plan to go back through and make it more detailed. Some people commented that it was very detailed but I know it could be much more detailed than what it is. There is some parts throughout the day that I didn't put in my story so i'm just going to go through and put them in there.
ReplyDeletemy goals are to keep it going, finish and im prove on every single thing possible, i plan on expanding more on the two characters and make them both a little more round.
ReplyDeletemy goals are to make the story so that when the readers start reading they wont wanna stop. im also gonna go through and check all the grammar and punctuation. im gonna read through it and see if it needs any more details too.
ReplyDeleteMy goal is to detail more about when Derek goes to the lockeroom and Kate follows him. I want the reader to know exactly what is going on and the feelings that they have. I am going to work on this more over the weekend to make sure it has a lot of detail and so that I can get it finished. My other goal is to make a good lasting impression ending. I want the reader to enjoy the story even when it ends so I need to work on making sure the ending pops.
ReplyDeleteim goint to try to ilaberate more on the points that i think they need to focus on and check spelling and gramer and puncuation . im going to try to finnish
ReplyDelete